- Heat canola oil in a deep fryer to 180°C.
- For the chinese flower roll, combine flour, yeast, baking powder, salt and water into the bowl of a stand mixer. With the dough hook attachment, knead on medium speed for 8 mins, scraping the side of the bowl if required.
- Place in lightly greased bowl and cover with cling wrap. Allow to prove somewhere warm for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Combine coriander, sushi rice seasoning and white soy in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Lightly dust bench with a small amount of flour. Place proved dough onto bench and roll with a rolling pin into a rectangle 30cm x 20cm. Place a tea towel on top and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Spread coriander paste over the bread with a pastry brush. Fold 1/3 of the dough into the middle then fold the other 1/3 into the middle, stretching the dough to meet the edges neatly and as close as a rectangle as possible. Let sit for two minutes.
- Cut dough into 12 even strips lengthways. Lay 2 strips on top of each other then put an oil greased chop stick lengthways to expose the coriander and then slightly stretch dough, let rest for 1 minute.
- Fold rested dough over chop stick and pinch the end then twist dough around chopstick, pressing down on the bench to create a flower. Let rest for 30 seconds then remove chopstick.
- Place rolls into bamboo steamer basket lined with baking paper. Steam for 10 minutes.
- For the pepper paste, blend peppercorns and shrimp in a spice grinder then add candlenuts and blend to a fine powder. Add salted soybeans, white soy and oyster sauce and continue to blend until a smooth paste. Set aside.
- For the Curry Sauce heat oil in a wide based frypan and fry curry leaves, lemon myrtle leaves, aniseed myrtle leaves and kafir lime leaves on a medium heat for approximately 2 minutes until oil is fragrant then remove leaves and discard, reserving the oil.
- Add onions, ginger, garlic, chilli, sugar, lemon zest and lime zest to frypan and cook without colour for 15 minutes.
- Add prepared pepper paste, lemon juice, lime juice and water. Stir well to combine over medium heat and reduce by half until a sauce consistency is achieved. Add butter, stir well & adjust the seasoning if required. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- For the seasoned flour combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- To prepare the crab, lift carapace and set aside. Remove gills and the mouth and discard. Cut crab in half down the middle, break off the two claws and cut the four legs in half so there are 6 pieces in total. Crack the claws with the back of a knife. Place all the pieces of the crab into a bowl including the carapace.
- To cook the crab, place prepared crab into the seasoned flour toss to coat, Place flour dusted pieces of crab into the deep fryer and cook for approximately 4 minutes.
- Place the fried crab into a large bowl spoon some of the curry sauce on top and toss to coat. Sprinkle with coriander.
- To serve, place crab onto a serving plate and pour remaining curry sauce over the top.
- Serve immediately with Chinese flower rolls.